Special Activities

8 Tuesday

4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Film criticism workshop for high school students - Day 1

The program “Las escuelas van al cine” (Schools go to the Cinema), of the Sub-management of Federal Development, in alliance with the Provincial Directorate of Secondary Educat…

November 8

Time: 10:30

Venue: Club Español

Conversations with Masters: Lita Stantic

Activity co-organized with the Cultural Institute of the Province of Buenos Aires.
Director, screenwriter and producer, Lita Stantic worked alongside María Luisa Bemberg, a…

November 8

Time: 13:00

Venue: Museo Mar

Presentation of the book Super 8 argentino contemporáneo (Argentine Contemporary Super 8)

Paulo Pécora narrates in his book the story of a scene of filmmakers who shoot in Super 8 in Argentina, from 1967 to the present. He reviews the work of authors who influenced mem…

November 8

Time: 13:30

Venue: Club Español

Presentation of the book Del clasicismo a las modernidades. Estéticas en tensión en la historia del cine (From Classicism to Modernities: aesthetics in tension in the history of cinema)

This book, by the Peruvian writer Isaac León Frías, is a mise en scène of the tensions between the conventions imposed by the industry and the independence and creativity of the…

November 8

Time: 14:00

Venue: Sala Gregorio Nachman

Coming soon

Over the course of three encounters during the Festival, filmmakers, critics and film programming specialists will recommend the must-see films of the following three days in a pan…

November 8

Time: 15:00

Venue: Hall

Scrolling movies: the function of Youtubers and Instagrammers in the circulation of cinema

Creators of film content on YouTube, Instagram, TikTok and Twitch discuss formats, channels, and community building with the aim of making visible the processes and possibilities o…

November 8

Time: 15:30

Venue: Club Español

New ways of communicating the audiovisual in traditional media and new tools

In recent years, the uses and consumption of media have been modified. In another time, a message was planned based on audiences in order to have a presence in traditional media. H…

November 8

Time: 16:30

Venue: Sala Gregorio Nachman

Presentation of the book Cuerpos invadidos. Videodrome de David Cronenberg: Larga vida a la nueva carne (David Cronenberg’s Videodrome: long live the new flesh!)

This book focuses on an iconic film from David Cronenberg's career and past and present genre cinema: Videodrome (1983). Using critical texts and historical documents…

November 8

Time: 17:30

Venue: Club Español